Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Is it time yet


Just as the whole world around me is going crazy about Christmas holidays I got a bit fed up with the whole concept. It's not the new thing- just as Christmas decorations are being put out earlier every year, the sooner one looses this special festive feeling. It's basicaly the question of what Christmas holidays have come to.

Everybody's poisoned with buying more and more gifts. And everyone (at least in Slovenia) is expected to plan things to do on New Years Eve. Like life'd depend on how you spend the last day of old year and first day of new year. People are making unrealistic decisions about changing their lives, and when they broke those very decisions few weeks later they think that next year's gonna be different.
It's all shite if you ask me. Being there for people is more important than getting them gifts. And if you're sleepy on New Years Eve- go to sleep, you might as well do something good for yourselves and recharge batteries. And don't make any New Years resolutions. At least not to ambitious and not in public. ;-)

1 comment:

nataly said...

Gues what? I went to sleep on New Year's Eve and it was the most reasonable thing to do cause I was sooo tired.
Everybody was shocked when I annouced my NYE intention. Now I'm even more sure it was nothing wrong with me ;-)

And yeah, great blog. We share a lot, especially affection for Kolpa river and sounds of tamburica :)
Take care and good luck with Viniški tamburaši and Folklore group.