Sunday, April 15, 2007

Just the update...

Update: video from competition


We had a national tamburica competition this saturday (link in Slovene). The good news is we were quite good. :-) Based on percentage of points each band / orchestra received from 3 judges you could get gold / silver / bronze / nothing. I'm glad to say we were one of only three bands / orchestras which got gold. Based on points we were third, but considering the two forerunners were actually orchestras that makes us the best tamburica band of the competition. What's even better we received special price for a band that made biggest progress, which came together with brand new shiny instrument. ;-) So, what can I say- SWEET! :-)
Pictures and videos to follow...
Bellow are two photos from competition 2 years ago (first) and last year (second).

10 comments:

Lord Davor said...

Ugh, more unbearable noise? So now we are going to listen tin-ping-ding every evening next week? Ugh... I am going to buy you some beers, or wine, I think. :S

RoBi said...

Maybe the new one isn't so immune from flying strainers and/or knives ;)
Anyway, congrats Primoz and of course all the other members of the band!

Primvs said...

LD: Yes, more unbearable noise. You should be lucky I don't play drums anyway. :)
Besides, it's you who make most noise in out apartment anyway. ;)

R: Thanks, I still can't believe it though. Last 6 years that I'm following this competition no band got gold- it was usually always reserved for orchestras.
And Davor got a bit de-Balkanized since you left for USA- no throwing knifes lately...

Lord Davor said...

Huh, the best that you both reminded me what I miss a lot lately, and must re-activate! ;)

Primvs said...

You would, wouldn't you? :)

RoBi said...

OMG you guys just get a new flat-mate and make the life in the old appartment civilized? And looks like you will defenitely need to fix that bed then LD if it's really louder than P's snoring ;)

Lord Davor said...

It's (bed) not louder than Primvs's snoring; the problem is, while Primvs does not sleep, he complains. ;) When he snores, he hears nothing and I wonder what would he say if once he could hear some sounds produced while he was snoring... Anyway, instead of snoring and complaining it would be time to start doing something more (not useful, who said sex is useful?) acceptable to human (roommate) ears. :P

Primvs said...

OK, we (YOU) are way out of subjects. And before I start to delete your comments ;-) keep on the subject. OK. I don't snore, I just think loud in my sleep... :-)
(and BTW, so did Robi, and so does LD in next room) BRE

Lord Davor said...

OMG, you just said the "B" word! :P

Slovenian Gypsy said...

Wow, cool!! You guys rock! Congratulations!